Questions? Contact: Jenny Ward firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Career Advisors are trained and supervised paraprofessionals who provide career assistance to other students through the Center for Career Development. Responsibilities of Peer Career Advisors include critiquing resumes, conducting practice interviews, assisting peers with job search strategies, and promoting the Center for Career Development. Hiring takes place each fall.
There are many reasons to be a Peer Career Advisor!
• Assist fellow UT students!
• Gain valuable communication, active listening, presentation and leadership skills
• Develop event planning, organizational and professional social media savvy
• Strengthen resume and interview skills and learn to market your degree
• Conduct effective internship and full-time job searches or prepare for graduate school
• Network with career professionals and on-campus recruiters
• Increase your knowledge of UT resources and services
How do I meet with a Peer Career Advisor?
Stop by the Center for Career Development to meet with a PCA on a walk-in basis. PCAs can help you with:
- Major and Career Exploration
- Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn
- Job and Internship Search
- Graduate School