Center for Career Development – University of Tennessee
University of Tennessee – Center for Career Development
- Demonstrate excellent academic performance; make the best grades you can every semester of college.
- Take BA 100 to become more familiar with business majors and careers.
- Strengthen your written communication skills in English classes and writing labs.
- Discover UT resources including the Center for Career Development, Counseling Center, college advising offices, the Student Success Center, and tutorial services.
- Start to identify your interests, abilities and skills.
- Explore majors and careers at the Center for Career Development:
- Browse the Career Resource Center
- Explore resources on career.utk.edu
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory and TypeFocus assessments
- Meet with a career counselor
- Participate in campus co-curricular activities.
- Become acquainted with some business publications and choose one to read regularly.
- Create a professional resume.
- Develop a professional quality resume.
- Register with Hire-A-VOL to look for part-time jobs and familiarize yourself with the system.