Center for Career Development – University of Tennessee
University of Tennessee – Center for Career Development
- Obtain related experience in your field through internships, practicum, field work, part-time employment, or volunteering.
- Update your profile and resume in Hire-A-VOL to search for opportunities.
- Enroll in the BA 320 job seeking skills course to prepare for your search.
- Attend job fairs sponsored by the Center for Career Development as well as any other recruiting networking events related to your major, such as Meet the Firms.
- Utilize the Center for Career Development’s graduate school resources and workshops to research schools and programs; set deadlines for required steps.
- Many MBA programs prefer candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years work experience.
- Choose electives to enhance your qualifications, especially your oral and written communication skills.
- Seek leadership positions in co-curricular activities (committee chairs and elected positions). Join career-related student professional associations.