Center for Career Development – University of Tennessee
University of Tennessee – Center for Career Development
- Schedule an appointment with the CBA Career Consultant to develop a job search strategy.
- Perfect your resume and interview skills.
- Expand your professional wardrobe for interviews and future career.
- Start your search for your full time professional job the semester before you graduate.
- Submit resumes to on-campus interviewing job postings through Hire-A-VOL. Follow up with other job postings in the system.
- Participate in the Center for Career Development’s job fairs throughout the year.
- Evaluate and compare job offers carefully. Accept position and notify all other employers with whom you have interviewed that you are withdrawing from further consideration.
- Meet required deadlines for graduate school and create a back-up plan.
- Complete the Graduate Placement Survey on Hire-A-Vol to report your job search status.
- Remember that you can use the Center for Career Development as an alumnus.