Center for Career Development – University of Tennessee
University of Tennessee – Center for Career Development
- Get to know your faculty. They can guide you in your career and provide references for jobs or graduate school.
- Continue to seek experience in your area of interest – co-op/intern, part-time and summer jobs and/or student association or class projects. Think about what you did and what you accomplished.
- Attend company information sessions to see what options you may be interested in and to start a connection with the recruiter.
- Develop a professional resume and register with the Center for Career Development on the HIRE-A-VOL system.
- Get involved in student organizations and seek out leadership roles.
- Consider study abroad opportunities.
- Talk to professionals in your career field. Use the Center for Career Development’s Guide to the Informational Interview for suggestions.