Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- NALA – The Paralegal Association’s overview of paralegal careers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics overview of Legal Occupations
Student Organizations- How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferrable skills.
- Check out the ways to get involved through the Center for Leadership and Service
- Join a student organization like Phi Alpha Delta, Mock Trial, or Student Government Association
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
- Volunteer and Intern
- The Myth of the Legal Internship Read this article to understand the ways to gain experience in the legal field as an undergraduate.
- The Alliance for Better Non-ProfitsThe Alliance provides support and resources to local non-profit organizations, but also has a job board, training and educational options, and opportunities to network with local non-profit leaders.
- Volunteer Knoxville
Search their extensive database of both short term and long term volunteer opportunities in East Tennessee.
Graduate School & Licensure Resources
Use this section to learn about furthering your education within this field.
- Pre-Law Advising at UT
Utilize the resources provides by the College of Arts and Sciences Advising office and schedule a meeting to meet with a pre-law advisor to help you discern which law schools are the best fit for you.
- LSAC Law School Directory
Search this directory to find law schools, their specializations, and compare how your LSAT scores and grades line up with the admissions standards of each.
- Equal Justice Works Guide to Law Schools
Find public interest law resources, including a law school database.