How Do I?
Choose My Major?
- Schedule an appointment with the Coordinator for Disability, Diversity and Veteran Initiatives to explore your options and interests.
- Take an assessment to learn more about your interests and personality.
- Enroll in the course, “Exploring Majors and Careers.”
Know What To Do With My Major
- Check out major and occupational information in the Center for Career Development located on Level 2 of the Student Union.
- Visit the Center for Career Development Web site.
- Look up your major on “What Can I Do With This Major?” located on the center’s Web site.
- Visit part-time job listings in the Center for Career Developments and on Hire-A-VOL.
- Attend the part-time job fair held every fall and the internship fair held in spring.
- Meet with your Center for Career Development college consultant to explore opportunities.
- Register in Hire-A-VOL.
- Gain relevant experience through internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer positions.
Enhance My Career
- Visit the Center for Career Development early and often.
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals in careers of interest.
- Arrange job shadowing experiences through programs such as Disability Mentoring Day to get exposure to career fields.
- Use your elective courses to earn a minor or concentration.
- Get involved in student organizations and seek leadership roles.
- Develop strong communication skills.
- Build a strong network of contacts in your field.