The Center for Career Development and Academic Exploration strives to foster a welcoming environment that accepts and appreciates all students’ unique perspectives, backgrounds, and values. Students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville value employers who emphasize the importance of recruiting diverse students and alumni and foster an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees.
This is a resource for organizations to consider diversity and inclusion initiatives for recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. It is important to share evidence of diversity and inclusion efforts when recruiting University of Tennessee students.
Our students want to know…
- Do you have active affinity groups in your organization?
- Are employees retained at equal levels regardless of race/ethnicity, gender, ability, or orientation?
- What does diversity look like at all levels of the organization?
- Does your organization provide support to community organizations or give employees the opportunity to engage in charitable work?
- What are your organization’s spousal/ partner benefits?
- What is your company policy on sexual orientation and gender identity?
- Are accommodations made for people with differing abilities?
- Does your company have a maternity/paternity leave policy?
Resources for equity, diversity, and inclusion for recruitment & retention
National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Diversity and Inclusion Self-Assessment for Organizations