APPLY TO BE A PEER CAREER ADVISOR!
Peer Career Advisors are trained and supervised paraprofessionals who provide career assistance to other students through the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration. Responsibilities of Peer Career Advisors include critiquing resumes, conducting practice interviews, assisting peers with job search strategies, and promoting the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration. Hiring takes place each fall.
There are many reasons to be a Peer Career Advisor!
- Assist fellow UT students
- Gain valuable communication, active listening, presentation, and leadership skills
- Develop event planning and organizational and professional social media savvy
- Strengthen resume and interview skills and learn to market your degree
- Conduct effective internship and full-time job searches or prepare for graduate school
- Network with career professionals and on-campus recruiters
- Increase your knowledge of UT resources and services
How to Apply:
- Desire to assist other UT students!
- Strong written, verbal, and customer service skills
- Creativity, work ethic, and productivity with minimal supervision
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Ability to participate in 5 hours of weekly paid training in spring 2022
- Ability to work shifts between 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
- Preferred commitment to work two years after hire
- Able to attend mandatory weekly training sessions time/day TBD
- Click Here to Apply on Handshake
- Deadline for applications is midnight, February 13th
Questions? Contact Assistant Director, Erin Bennett: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I meet with a Peer Career Advisor?
Visit Drop-In Hours at the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration to meet with a PCA for:
- Major and Career Exploration
- Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn
- Job and Internship Search
- Graduate School