Apply to be a Peer Career Advisor now!
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Career Advisors are trained and supervised paraprofessionals who provide career assistance to other students through the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration. Responsibilities of Peer Career Advisors include critiquing resumes, conducting practice interviews, assisting peers with job search strategies, and promoting the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration. Hiring takes place each fall.
There are many reasons to be a Peer Career Advisor!
- Assist fellow UT students
- Gain valuable communication, active listening, presentation, and leadership skills
- Develop event planning and organizational and professional social media savvy
- Strengthen resume and interview skills and learn to market your degree
- Conduct effective internship and full-time job searches or prepare for graduate school
- Network with career professionals and on-campus recruiters
- Increase your knowledge of UT resources and services
How to Apply:
- Desire to assist other students in the area of career development
- Strong written, verbal, and customer service skills
- Creativity, solid work ethic, and proven productivity with a minimum amount of supervision
- Undergraduate standing with a minimum GPA of 2.75 at time of application and throughout employment
- Ability to participate in required, paid training three hours per week Spring 2019
- Ability to work approximately ten hours per week Fall 2019-Spring 2020
- Available to work shifts between the hours of 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Preferred commitment to work two years after hire
- Able to attend mandatory weekly training on Mondays from 3:30-5pm
- The application process is closed for the 2018-19 academic year
How do I meet with a Peer Career Advisor?
Stop by the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration to meet with a PCA for:
- Major and Career Exploration
- Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn
- Job and Internship Search
- Graduate School