Transition Advisor; Academic & Career Exploration Coach
Jennie Scott is an Academic and Career Exploration Coach and Transition Advisor who primarily works with students who are declared as a University Exploratory major and are seeking admission into a competitive admission major and/or are ineligible for their first choice of major. She is a member of the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) and is certified with the Strong Interest Inventory® Certification Program.
She is from Crown Point, Indiana, and she joined the University of Tennessee in May 2019. Jennie received her graduate degree from East Tennessee State University in Counseling with a concentration in Higher Education. Prior to moving to Knoxville, she spent 8 ½ years working at Florida Gulf Coast University as an Academic Advisor in the College of Arts & Sciences. Her hobbies include: being outdoors, kayaking, paddleboarding, hiking, and spending time with cats.
- Master of Arts in Counseling (Higher Education Concentration) at East Tennessee State University
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology at Milligan College
- Co-presented “Fostering Connections with a Digital Generation” as a preconference workshop and concurrent session at the NACADA Annual Conference in October 2017
- Co-presented “Connecting with the Connected Generation” as a preconference workshop at the NACADA Annual Conference in October 2016
- Co-presented “Connecting with the Connected Generation” at the First Year Experience National Conference in February 2016
- Co-presented “Fishing for New Ways to Approach Advising” at the 2015 NACADA Florida Drive-In Conference
- Co-presented “The Turbulence of Lies: Advising Students Toward Successful Directions” at the 2014 NACADA Florida Drive-In Conference
Awards and Recognitions
- Recipient of the 2015 NACADA Assessment Institute Scholarship
- Recipient of the 2013/2014 Advising Excellence Award at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Kirk, Patti & Scott, Jennifer. (2015, September). Helping Students Chart Their Course. FLACADA Sunshine Times, 5. Available at: https://madmimi.com/p/f99766?fe=1&pact=33334849548#