Disability, Diversity and Veteran Initiatives Coordinator
As the Career Development Coordinator for Disability, Diversity and Veteran Initiatives, Tatiana Leavitt Messersmith has the opportunity to focus on identity-related career topics, working with students on being their full selves at work and connecting companies with the best UT talent.
Tatiana can chat with students and alumni about:
- Finding inclusive employers
- Identity-specific internships and employment programs
- Developing self-advocacy skills
- Requesting workplace accommodations
- Disability disclosure
- Legal rights and responsibilities at work
- Overcoming workplace discrimination
- Translating military experience to a civilian resume
M.S. in College Student Personnel – University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
B.S. in Sociology – Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah