Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- ONET Examples and Descriptions of careers in social services
- Bureau of Labor Statistics overview of careers in community and social services
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
- Volunteer and Intern
- Job Search
- Social Service.com
Find jobs in counseling, therapy, case management, mental health, child welfare and other areas of social service.
- Use the list of Social Service organizations to identify potential employers:
- Social Service.com
Student Organizations- How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferrable skills.
- Enroll in a service learning course such as the Grief Outreach Initiative (Counselor Education 404) or Recess Vols (Psychology)
- Join a student organization like BSWO, Best Buddies, Psi Chi, or the Council of Family Relations
- Check out all the opportunities the Center for Leadership and Service has to offer
If you are considering a PhD, gaining research experience is critical for graduate school admissions. Explore the following resources for ideas on how and where to get started.
Graduate School & Licensure Resources
Use this section to learn about furthering your education within this field.
- Guide to Psychology Graduate School
Use the America Psychological Association’s (APA) guide to learn about applying to PhD programs in psychology.
- Directory of CACREP Accredited Counseling Programs
Find accredited programs in mental health, school, and other specialized forms of counseling.
- Directory of CSWE Accredited Social Work Programs
Use the directory to find accredited graduate social work programs. You can search by specific concentrations and certification programs offer by each school.