Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- Print Media
- Tennessee Entertainment Commission
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
- Creative Jobs Central
- CCI JEM Practicum & Internship Listings
- Entertainment Careers
- Production Hub
- Journalism Next
- Public Media Jobs
- Radio Online
- Staff Me Up
- Creative Pool
- Digital Media Jobs
Organizations – How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferable skills.
- Gain valuable production and broadcasting experience at The Volunteer Channel
- Write for the School of Journalism and Electronic Media’s online news website, The Tennessee Journalist
- Gain radio experience at UT’s own radio station, WUTK Radio
- Write and take photos for stories or create digital media
Use this section to find out about professional associations and institutes within your field. Many have student membership options and joining a professional organization can be a great way to learn about the industry and network. In addition, many have their own job listings page.
- IRTS Foundation (International Radio & Television Society)
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
- Tennessee Press Association
- Tennessee Association of Broadcasters (TABTN)
- National Sports Media Association
- The Association for Women in Communications
- National Association of Black Journalists
- American Copy Editors Society