- Vol Guide to Interviewing
- Guide to the Informational Interview
- Fifty Commonly Asked Interview Questions
- How to Ask Questions in a Job Interview
- Telephone Interviews
- Virtual Interviews
- Assessments as Part of Interview Process
- Employer Research
- Salary and Negotiation Information
- Interview Attire – Dress for Success
- Dining and Business Etiquette Guide
Schedule a practice interview to get in-person interview practice. Interviews typically last one hour.
- One-on-one recorded interview session.
- Immediate feedback and evaluation.
- Bring a copy of your resume to the interview.
- Wear professional attire. (Encouraged but not mandatory)
- Show up a few minutes early.
To schedule a practice interview, call 865-974-5435. Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance.
*Practice interviews for class assignments will not be given during finals week. It is your responsibility to get your practice interview completed in a timely fashion, which meets your instructor’s deadline.
Big Interview is an online system that allows you to practice your interview skills from anywhere online as long as you have access to a webcam. Big Interview creates a realistic interview experience where you are asked challenging questions and must respond.The questions are the same questions you would get in a real job interview. You can use Big Interview whenever you want, as often as you want to prepare for any employment opportunity. Please note that if you don’t have a webcam, you can schedule a time to use the program at the Center for Career Development & Academic Transitions in the Student Union, Level 2.