We have a number of resources that can assist you whether you are working on the third version of your resume/cover letter or writing one for the first time.
For a comprehensive guide on how to write a resumes and cover letters, you can click on the “Resume Writing Guide” link below. The guide includes information on formatting, content, and overall tips when preparing your documents.
For a short overview of resumes and cover letters for college grads, view this video.
Once you have a draft of your resume or cover letter the next step is to have it critiqued. The Center for Career Development offers both Walk-In Critiques and Scheduled Critiques.
- For a quick, basic critique, no appointment is necessary and you can come in and be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check the Walk-in Hours schedule in the right side bar on this page.
- Sessions are roughly 15 minutes long.
- Bring a hard copy of your resume or cover letter.
- For a more in depth critique, you can schedule an appointment with a career consultant designated to your major area of study.
- Appointments can last between 30 minutes to one hour.
- To schedule an appointment, call 865-974-5435 or stop by the CCD reception desk Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.