Top Hiring Companies
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- LBMC, PC
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- University of Tennessee
- 21st Mortgage Corporation
Example Job Titles
- Assurance Associate
- Audit Associate
- Staff Accountant
- Mean Salary – $47,088
- Low Salary – $10,200
- High Salary – $85,000
Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- What Can I Do with this Major?- Accounting
- O*NET Accounting Careers
- What do Accountants & Auditors do?
- Career Paths in Accounting
- What Are the Different Type of Accounting?
- Discover More Information about Accounting
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
Student Organizations- How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferable skills.
- AIM Accounting Alliance
- Beta Alpha Psi
- National Association of Black Accountants
- List of all Business student organizations & fraternities
Use this section to find out about professional associations and institutes within your field. Many have student membership options and joining a professional organization can be a great way to learn about the industry and network. In addition, many have their own job listings page.
- AICPA – American Institute of CPAs (free student membership)
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
- Tennessee Society of CPAs
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accountants
Graduate School & Licensure Resources
Use this section to learn about furthering your education within this field.
- UT Master of Accountancy Program
- Guide to Masters in Accounting
- Masters in Accounting Vs. MBA in Accounting
- This Way to CPA
- Becker CPA Exam Review
- How to Become a CPA in Tennessee