Top Hiring Companies
- International Paper
- PepsiCo/Frito-Lay Inc.
Example Job Titles
- Business Analyst
- Associate Data Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Solutions Analyst
- Technology Risk Advisory Consultant
- Mean Salary – $56,570
- Low Salary – $30,000
- High Salary – $75,000
Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- What Can I do With this Major? – Business Analytics
- Statisticians and Analytical Occupations in Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET Business Analyst Careers
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
Student Organizations- How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferable skills.
- Business Analytics Society
- Graduate Analytics Society
- Melton Scholars
- Sports Analytics Clubs
- Women in Business Analytics at Tennessee (WomBAT)
- VolHacks and HackUTK
- Association for Information Science and Technology
- List of all Business student organizations & fraternities
Use this section to find out about professional associations and institutes within your field. Many have student membership options and joining a professional organization can be a great way to learn about the industry and network. In addition, many have their own job listings page.
- International Institute of Business Analysis
- American Statistical Association ($25 student membership)
- SIGKDD, ACM Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery in Data and Data Mining ($15 student membership)
Graduate School & Licensure Resources
Use this section to learn about furthering your education within this field.