Nearly 25% of University of Tennessee, Knoxville graduates pursue advanced education as a first destination after graduation and many other choose to attend at a later stage in their career
Are you considering continuing your education in a graduate or professional school?
When appropriate, graduate or professional school can have significant impact on your future career, but is also a significant investment of time, energy, and financial resources. Reflect on your career goals and research your options to help you decide when and where advanced education is right for you. Use these resources or download our Admissions Guide to Graduate School to help you as you navigate the process. Learn about events offered during Graduate School Prep Month. Gather advice from national speaker and author, Dr. Don Asher in this recording of his last workshop.
Exploring your Options
Applying to Programs
Centralized Application Services
Graduate School Tips
Meet with your Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration career coach early in the process.
- Discuss your career objectives and goals for graduate school.
- Get help answering questions about the various parts of the application process, including admission essay or personal statement reviews.
Attend annual Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration sponsored and other graduate school events.
- Don Asher—“Gaining Admission into Highly Competitive Graduate Programs”
- “Graduate School 101” Workshop; spring semester
- “Writing Personal Statements and Admissions Essays” Workshop
- “What if You Don’t Get into Medical School?” Workshop
- Law School Admissions Workshop; sponsored by UT Law School and Arts & Sciences Advising
Additional Graduate School Resources
- Graduate Guide
- Peterson’s Graduate Search
- The Princeton Review
- US News and World Report (Program Profile and Rankings)