Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook-Civil Engineers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook-Environmental Engineers
- O*NET-Civil Engineers
- O*NET-Environmental Engineers
- Graduating Engineer-Profiles-Structural Engineer
- Graduating Engineer-Profiles-Environmental Engineer
- Graduating Engineer-Profiles-Project Engineer
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
- Environmental Engineer.com
Student Organizations- How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferable skills.
- American Society of Civil Engineers-UTK Chapter
- Institute of Transportation Engineers-UTK Chapter
- Associated General Contractors of America-UTK Chapter
Use this section to find out about professional associations and institutes within your field. Many have student membership options and joining a professional organization can be a great way to learn about the industry and network. In addition, many have their own job listings page.
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Construction Management Association of America
- National Association of Women in Construction
- American Water Works Association
- National Association of Water Companies
- Association of Facilities Engineering
- Institute of Civil Engineers
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers
- Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society
- Environmental Industry Association
Graduate School & Licensure Resources
Use this section to learn about furthering your education within this field.