Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook-Materials Engineers
- O*NET-Materials Engineers
- O*NET-Materials Scientists
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
Student Organizations- How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferrable skills.
Use this section to find out about Professional Associations and Institutes within your field. Many have student membership options and joining a professional organization can be a great way to learn about the industry and network. In addition, many have their own job listings page.
- Society for Materials Engineering International
- Material Advantage
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- American Ceramic Society
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers
- American Iron and Steel Institute
- Clay Minerals Society
- Materials Research Society
- Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration
- Society of the Advancement of Material and Process
Graduate School & Licensure Resources
Use this section to learn about furthering your education within this field.