Career Exploration Websites
Use this section to research career paths, typical job titles, and how to start building skills to get prepared for this industry.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook-Mechanical Engineers
- O*NET-Mechanical Engineers
- O*NET-Validation Engineers
- O*NET-Manufacturing Engineers
- GraduatingEngineer-Profiles-Automotive Engineers
- GraduatingEngineer-Profiles-Project Engineering
- GraduatingEngineer-Profiles-Quality Engineer
Specific Job & Internship Search Websites
Use this section to search specific job and internship boards for this industry.
- Mechanical Engineering Jobs
- Careers in the Auto Industry
- Computational Fluids Dynamics Jobs Database
Student Organizations- How to get InVOLved
Use this section to learn about student organizations you can join at UT to learn more about your desired industry, network with professionals and peers with similar interests, and build transferable skills.
- UTK Chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- UTK Chapter of Society of Automotive Engineers
- UTK Chapter of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- International Association for Hydrogen Energy-Student Chapter at UTK
- The Graduate Association of MABE Engineers (GAME)
Use this section to find out about professional associations and institutes within your field. Many have student membership options and joining a professional organization can be a great way to learn about the industry and network. In addition, many have their own job listings page.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- International Academy for Production Engineering
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
Graduate School & Licensure Resources
Use this section to learn about furthering your education within this field.