The Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration staff is here for you! All of our services have moved online, but you can still explore majors and careers, search for internships and jobs, and create a graduate school application plan. Students, use the resources below to connect with us. Employers, learn more about how we can assist you as well.
Academic and career exploration coaches and career coaches are offering individual appointments via Zoom or over the phone. Schedule an appointment to discuss one or more of these topics via Handshake.
- In addition to individual appointments, our video playlist provides modules on career-related topics that you can work through at your own pace.
Drop In Hours
Attend drop in hours Monday-Thursday virtually or in person. These sessions with peer career advisors can cover resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn reviews. You can find links to virtual drop in hours at the bottom of this page or attend in person in the Center for Career Development and Academic Exploration in Student Union 201.
Self-assess your interests, skills, personality, and values through PathwayU, TypeFocus, and skills and values inventories. Results are available immediately. Take the Strong Interest Inventory and schedule a virtual appointment with an academic and career exploration counselor to discuss the results.
Most employers have moved interviews online, so practicing virtually is more important that ever.
- Practice interviews with career coaches and peer career advisors can be scheduled through Handshake and conducted over Zoom.
- Big Interview is an online platform that creates a realistic interview experience where you are asked challenging questions and must respond.
Searching for Jobs and Internships
Employers are still hiring, and all of our resources are accessible online.
- Handshake,UT’s job and internship board, is still active. An average of 100 new jobs and internships are being added to Handshake each day.
- View a list of 500 companies hiring on Handshake right now.
- Gain insight into companies hiring and those with current hiring freezes.
- View the Knoxville Chamber’s list of area companies hiring.
- Summer internships and experiential opportunities may be uncertain during this global pandemic. View these resources for ideas on making the most of your summer.
Engaging with Employers
Networking events, information sessions, career fairs, and career panels have moved to virtual platforms. These events can be found on Handshake – search under the career events tab. View these tips on best practices for interacting with employers online.
Our website provides resources for a variety of career development needs and activities. Take time to explore our resources on resumes/cover letters, interviewing, exploring majors and careers, gaining experience, finding jobs, and preparing for graduate school. Additionally, utilize the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration’s resource for students’ to continue their career growth during COVID-19.